My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stress Test 2

Today I go back for the rest of my "stress" test but today I get to eat beforehand. Less taxing than yesterday's. Yesterday's was brief but the Persantine gave me a whopping headache and a painful body, most unpleasant. I have some anxiety that something might actually be wrong. The first part took about 45 minutes. Most of the headache left with the administration of aminophillin and it helps if you drink coffee afterwards; its the caffiene. So I stopped at Starbucks and treated myself to White Chocolate Mocha Grande, caffeine and sugar. And a piece of banana bread too, made up for no lunch. I will get the results soon after part 2 today or tomorrow. I'm voting for the chest pains to be heartburn.

And, this is the second day without my usual visitations from grandgirls. I think I'm suffering from withdrawal; I am surprised at how much I miss them. The M-W girl races into the house starving, cheery, full of hugs, and dancing around. We eat almond butter sandwiches, draw, paint, and read. Then she races off to science class. Sometimes she is having enough fun she doesn't go willingly. Oboy, she likes me. The T-Th girl is very little although if you call her a little girl she gets mad, and don't call her a baby. She's two. I miss her request to watch "Marfa Speaks." It's hard not to mimic her it's so endearing but I boringly reply "so, you want to watch Mar-tha Speaks." She looks at me like I'm slow or didn't hear her. "Yup, Marfa Speaks." We usually take a nap together. And we paint, draw,and play with play dough. Art has been my part-time vocation and avocation, I was an art major, and it is a place where kids and I can connect.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home