My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

It was 65 here yesterday and is supposed to 76 today. It’s been a long time coming.

Our backyard clump of tulips has many buds but only two flowers so far. I tried my new camera out on them. There really isn’t much of a flower photo op in our yard yet. The spring has been unseasonably cold and damp. Monday is supposed to be in the 80’s. The A/C in my vehicle came to an untimely end last fall. So off to the mechanic I go. There’s about 6-8 weeks here in the summer that will hover around 100 f. One of the advantages of living in a small town is that pretty much everyone knows who the good mechanics are. I tremble in anticipation of the bill but at least I have confidence that it will be fixed properly.

It took me awhile to figure out how to use the camera at all. My son has a similar camera and so I brought it to our weekly Wednesday night family dinner for him to look at. It turned out to be simple; I wasn’t pushing the button hard enough. Is there a gym for fingers? Well that was embarrassing. Still nobody laughed, nice family. Or they think I’ve gone around the bend. I may have gotten more technical gadgetry than I will ever need. Friday I figured out how to download or is it uploading them, whatever, to my computer. The old one did it as soon as you plugged it in; this one requires it’s own software apparently. Then came the struggle to size them appropriately, a little math calculation here. Little by little I am getting there.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It takes time to get it sorted out, but once you do it's a breeze. Let me know if you need any assistance with blogger pictures.I have stumbled my way through long enough to finally have it figured out. Tulips? What are those? I do miss my Canadian spring flowers. Cheers Celia. I hope you had a great weekend.

Sue

April 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops I forgot to say that this tulip picture is lovely...

April 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

yikes at how hot it gets there!! the only positive thing about such heat for me is that tomato plants love it and the fruit ripes. we would have many more red tomatoes there than we get here. but, give me the Sound and our temperate climate, especially in summer. i love the mid 80s max and we are often in the high 70s which is even more pleasant for outdoor living. we eat outside and sit in the gardens and enjoy the wildlife. i could never do that in 100 degree weather.

nice pic - can't wait to see more when the whole clump blooms. ours are just beginning to open in one bed. the others are still buds.

April 20, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home