My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday

Sunday ended with quite a bit of rain, a welcome thing on this the dry side of the Cascades. Our family had a joyful Easter yesterday. The afternoon was spent sharing a meal with people from 1 to 80-something, mostly my son's inlaws who have graciously taken me and mine in ever since we moved here. We watched the future generation trying to figure out where the eggs were. The rain held off until the hunt was over. I got to listen to the great grandma's of the clan talk about their childhood. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to ask my own grandparents for their stories years ago. My two sons were there, the eldest whom we see less as he works evenings and my youngest with his wife and their myriad of children. He had to run off to tend his hay before the rain got it. Hmm, he took his brother, left the kids behind, always good to have hay to wrestle.

I've been following Seniors World Chronicle. http://www.seniorsworldchronicle.com/ Today it has an entry about Facebook. It says "Women older than 55 make up the fastest-growing age group on Facebook." I couldn't help but chuckle because my sister just talked me into signing up for Facebook. I have to admit some of it's accessories confuse me at times, most irritating to a retired programmer who thinks she should know better. We'll see. We did connect with a cousin in England that no one has seen in a million years and he rewarded us with pictures of himself and his new wife's home, and vignettes of his current and past life. That was fun and reminds me to try and put some pictures up for him too. They are considering returning to the US to retire and have got a little chunk of land about 150 miles north of me. I would have maybe never known.

I do like the other Seniors World Chronicle stories too. I think it's important to see what is happening globally for our fellow elders in this shrinking world.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sky said...

i am having a blast with facebook. :)

rain, rain, rain here!

April 13, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home