My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Van Saga - Part 3

Ptui! The van is still being repaired. Since a week last Friday. And that's not counting the two days in a smaller garage where the fellow sent me on the a bigger garage. Most of the time has been spent waiting for parts. It has a fried climate control something or other, and a toasted compressor. More $$. I have noticed that some things, repair parts, catalog orders, etc. are taking longer and longer to get here. I'd guess some of that is in part due to our faltering economy, the price of gas, and the remote location of our little city. It is not economical to drive over here with just one thing. They expected parts on Wednesday and those went right in but one little part did not come, a filter of some kind, due in Friday. It showed up Friday and IT WAS THE WRONG SIZE. And they didn't get it yesterday, Monday, either. Wah, wah! My eyes are going around in my head like those little fruit things on a slot machine. A rider with no horse.

And I remembered there was a muffin in the way back seat cup holder that one of the grandkids left behind. I mentioned it when I called and the guy told me it hadn't gotten moldy; it had just dried up to a rock like consistency. Great! They've had my van so long the muffin fossilized. And then my filled-in punch card for my favorite drive-through coffee place is in the van too. You can have anything on their menu free with a complete punch out on the card. So there is a giant mocha latte with whipped cream waiting for me on the way home from the garage with the van. I repeat; wah, wah,wah.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say in the South here..." Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit." When I first glanced at your post, I thought that you had left one of your grandkids in the back seat and that they had fossilized! I thought, "CeCe has lost her mind and left one of grandchildren at the garage, strapped in the jumble of toddler seats."

Ha ha Celia, I hope the parts driver delivers soon. I think you should get yourself a nice big fresh muffin with that mocha latte when the day finally arrives!

You make me smile......

May 5, 2009 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Sue - Too funny! Of course I have lost my mind but that's not new.

May 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I like the image of your eyes rolling like fruit on a slot machine. Car repairs can be the worst, especially if you are trying to fix and older car with parts hard to come by. I have given up fixing the plastic tuner button on my 10-year-old car as they said it would cost around $40!!

May 5, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

It is so frustrating at times to live in a small town where parts have to come from away, away. A mouse moved into Marymine's SUV while it was in Mr Fixit's shop. Lived pretty high & mighty off chips, candy, burgers, fries, sodas,jerky, cupcakes, & more. Infact he got a bit rolly poley, and when the door was finally opened, jumped out, belly flopped on the drive, and rolled away.

May 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

Tabor: When I need replacement parts for my ol SUV, I just make a call to the pick-n-pull salvage yard. If they have the part I need, I put on my best clothes, and then when I get there the nice man takes the part off the salvage car for me. As I have watched him remove it, I know how it goes on. Much less expensive than the dealer's parts department.

May 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home