My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, July 17, 2009

There are vans and then there are Vans

I stopped by my usual gas stop to fill up the tank for our road trip and I saw this van. I have a van with lots of seats for lots of grandkids. This one really appeals to me though, a VW camper van with a fold down bed, seats, cupboards, and so on. Not an RV but in my mind much better than a tent. I can recall years ago waiting impatiently to pass VW vans on the highways on hills, over Snoqualmie Pass in particular. To say they were slow going uphill doesn't begin to describe it. I crossed them off my list. Things have changed, maybe when I really, really retire I'll get one. When I went to peek at it's inner furnishings I started laughing with delight. Can you see it?




This van has curtains all the way around one side and back to the other side, all made of neckties. So imaginative. I wondered where all those departed ties went. I hope whoever owns this took it somewhere cooler this weekend.



We had a high of 99 today and tomorrow it is supposed to over 100 tomorrow and then hubby and I will escape for awhile, bon voyage blog world and friends. See you later.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sky said...

have fun and stay cool! hope you find a great adventure. it is warm over here, but mid 80s feels like a longggg way from 100! too hot for me where you are. we are doing our walking now at 11 pm because it is too hot otherwise. until we drop back down into the 70s i won't be outside much in the afternoons...unless it is in a vehicle with air.

oh yeah, i remember the VW vans. they were part of my college days in the late 60s/early 70s - we thought they were soooo cool. that was when i wanted to live in berkeley, california. :)

July 17, 2009 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a cool way to get rid of those old ties! Hubby still has dozens hanging in our closet. I wanted to give them away a few years back, but he wouldn't hear of it.

Enjoy your trip and stay cool!

July 18, 2009 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

After seeing the ties I really wondered what the inside of the van looked like. We have been blessed with the mildest summer ever and I am still keeping my fingers crossed although now we are desperate for rain.

July 19, 2009 at 5:12 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

A friend has just found one of those ol VW van's for her high school student. What a cutie. Love the tie curtains.

July 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

wondering if you are ever coming back! hope the summer was a good one and that autumn is beautiful where you are.

October 22, 2009 at 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

I hope all is well?

November 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Jacob said...

Hello
You have great posts in your blog, keep it up

November 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Lori E said...

I see that you haven't been on here in a while but I thought I would try anyways.
I am the creator of the Atta Girl award that Sue has given you. I just wanted to let you know that I have changed the image slightly to reflect where it has come from and wondered if you would like to change it to the new one. Same picture and all but it now has my link on it. Too many people were confused about linking it back to me which was the whole point of creating the list of recipients. Thanks.

November 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Nishant said...

I wanted to give them away a few years back, but he wouldn't hear of it.

Work from home India

February 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger prashant said...

wondering if you are ever coming back! hope the summer was a good one and that autumn is beautiful where you are.
grow taller 4 idiots

March 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home