Take Me Out to the Ball Game
We now have a baseball team in our remote city. http://www.wallawallasweets.com/ It's a very big deal here and my baseball starved hubbie is thrilled. So we got season tickets and off we went. I am not a fan in the way he is, I don't watch televised games, and don't know the lingo or the players, but I enjoy local college and high school games in realtime and even though the Sweets lost, it was okay. The people watching is good, the game was fun, and it didn't hurt that we see friends and acquaintences (small town). They serve the usual fare along wine, and Walla Walla Sweet Onion Sausages, from Onion World http://www.onionworld.com/ . Yum, to die for delicious. Yes, those are rain clouds, we made it home before it monsooned.
Here we all are, in line, early, to see the opening game of the new Walla Walla Sweets baseball team of the West Coast League.

Here we all are, in line, early, to see the opening game of the new Walla Walla Sweets baseball team of the West Coast League. 
Here is our young team leaving the field after being introduced. The pitcher is from UCLA and got three outs in the first inning, almost right away. After that, they tried hard, made mistakes, but did pretty well for a brand spanking new team playing for the first time against the League Champions, the Applesox (no laughing at the names, like I did, my bad.)
Here is a snapshot of the team mascot. I know the poor chap inside has his head in the green thing but darned if I could see how he sees out. It might not be too bad in there now but by the summer shows up he'll be needing intravenous fluids. It's often in the 100 degree range around here come July and August.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home