Blue Skies and Water
Photo by Wheeler on the BayShangrila for me this coming weekend. My sister and I have a room with this view, a deck over the water, kayaks to use, and a lovely restaurant across the street. The weather looks most promising for the girls' weekend out. Our husbands have taken the watch on the home front, feeding kids, and watering the posies, or acting as ballast so the couch doesn't float up to the ceiling. There wasn't a Christmas morning as a child that filled me with anticipation as this does. My little city it is hot and dusty. True, the skies are also blue if you look straight up yet on the horizon the summer dust hangs in the air laden as well with the output of many wheat harvests. It does render the sunsets red and glorious. Still the weather on the ocean coast promises to be clear and around 70, ahhhhh!
We both are taking our art materials, I'm taking my camera, and a book. I've packed the requisite clean undies in case of a mishap, and I'm set. The best thing we are packing is our relationship. This is above all an opportunity to be with a sister who in spite of our 20 year difference in age knows me better than anyone on earth and loves me anyway. We have a complicated almost mother/daughter relationship, are sisters who feel close in spite of distances and life changes, and we are friends. I am one of her biggest fans. I can just barely wait to get there.

1 Comments:
Oh you are certainly blessed. I have a 13 year difference with my sis. We are close but not close and I envy your trip.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home