You say to-may-to, I say to-mah-to!

Living with someone can be a challenge. I used to think negotiation and compromise were my strong suit. Now I wonder if after a lifetime of it I am tired of it. Am I being selfish? Have I been a doormat? Is that what happens as you age, do you get tired of putting other people first? Or just tired of their footdragging or their requests. Or am I just tired? What about when we compromise and we go do something no one really likes. Sounds like a flaw in the process to me. I'm having a week of frustrations for sure.
Labels: compromise

2 Comments:
I have cut back on my compromising since my life is getting shorter. But I also have cut back on trying to get others to change their ways and their minds. Sometimes just going off in your own directions is the best way to keep the peace.
Tabor - You're right on, it's not useful to put my efforts into changing others, and it is possible to change myself! Time to move a little further out into the world again.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home