My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Sometimes I think my breakfast is a predictor of the kind of day I am going to have. Maybe I should go back to bed. For breakfast I ate the leftover meatloaf, four unbaked chocolate chip cookies (salmonella be damned), and two cups of coffee. Let me see, protein, chocolate, sugar, and caffeine. I will have to dine out for lunch to repeat this and I'm not really prepared to leave the house. Oh wait, there's the chocolate chip cookies I baked. Oops! I'd better get into the shower, the cookies reminded me. I baked them to take to my 12-year granddaughter who is showing her first critter at the fair which begins today. She is in for an all day stint, the other young handlers couldn't get out of school today and she, being home schooled, could schedule around it. Giddy up grandma.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger marciamayo said...

Giddy up is correct Grandma as you are fueled with meatloaf and unbaked chocolate chip cookies. Loved this!

September 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

Don't you just love that type of meal, I sure do! Leftover meatloaf is one of my favs.
Fair is always so hectic for us with three showing beef steers & heifers, dairy heifer, rabbits, & chickens. It's enough to drive a granny to the Starbuck's concession...

September 2, 2010 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Mmmm, meatloaf! Going to watch the 4-H judging tomorrow. Meatloaf on the hoof.

September 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home