My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Afternoon

Six grand-girls, five playing on multiple soccer teams, 30 games in six weeks, plus practices. That's my girl in blue, but I love the flaming socks on the opposing team.



They sort of seem to going in the same direction. Offside maybe. Oh well, I don't know, I don't even know who won. I was more into taking pictures and basking in the sun like a turtle on a rock. It's a new "sports complex," and it's dry here, I wonder how long it will take those tiny trees to grow into something providing shade and shelter. Will these girls grow into the kind of humans who will provide shade and shelter to their own kind? Watching them work together and against each other, I think so.

They are so young, I wonder if these girls know how beautiful they are with their shiny hair flying in the sun and so full of energy. Probably not. We were them a millennium ago, though there were no soccer teams for girls or much of anyone when I was 12. I did play softball; I learned to be a great hitter since I had asthma and couldn't run for beans. The only way to score was to bang the ball out where no one could get it while I plodded around the bases. You rock ladies.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cowtown Pattie said...

Great shots!
Thanks for the very nice comment at TT!

September 29, 2010 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

Yes, those ladies do indeed rock.

September 30, 2010 at 2:31 AM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Ahhh.... "youth is wasted on the young."

September 30, 2010 at 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home