My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It Takes a Village.

Not sure where I'm going with this but I've been thinking about how fortunate I am to have such a big family and this isn't even all of them. Being a freshly single person I'm spending my time cleaning, cleaning, and tossing; leaves me with time to think. Then there's the extended family I have with my daughter-in-law's family. She is really a daughter to me but people look at you funny when you refer to a couple as my daughter and my son. The love and support they've given me throughout this separation and divorce can't be valued enough.

The kids are examining the house, missing about 2/5 of the furniture, seeing what is different, and absorbing it, each in their own way. They are thinking about what is missing with the step-grampy gone. We talk about it, I try to do more listening than talking, I think its good for them to say what's on their minds and not wait until later. One noticed her favorite chair was missing, another said she never liked that chair, too tall. "Why did he take ...?" Because it belonged to him. "Where did he go? Does he have a home?" Yes. "Can we go to the Museum?" He works at a museum that the kids like visiting. Yes, but I won't be going for awhile.

Anyway, thank you dear family for your support and love, and thank you fellow bloggers too. You have really helped me more than you might know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your ruminations. Life changes, like deaths and divorce, and truly earth shattering stressors. You inspire me.

September 15, 2010 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

sounds like a great support system! good to hear.

September 16, 2010 at 1:46 AM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

Family and friends are what keep us going in all times, good and bad.
You definitely have a friend here in Atlanta, Georgia.

September 16, 2010 at 2:32 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

It appears that you all are taking this slowly. Very healthy.

September 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am a new follower - on this day I wish you peace and wisdom in every area of your life.
I moved back to my homeplace one year ago. Took many years to return to myself. It is possible.

October 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home