
Well, almost. This afternoon I wandered around my yard, looking for the beauty in the world and found this rose. I had my little 4 year old grandgirl with me. She built a fairy like nest of grass and leaves on the front porch for a satin beanbag lizard she named Sneaky. That is very beautiful. Mostly things look good if neglected. Ever notice how all your houseplants wither or die when your household is under seige? As though they reflect the chaos. After this first week on my own I noticed they have perked up again, meaning I've been caring for them. Some of it because I am very hyper, especially before the time when the former occupant comes to collect some of his worldly goods. The house is getting cleaned, I'm finding things I thought I lost, besides sleep that is, haven't quite found that. Found the beauty.
Labels: roses, september
7 Comments:
Dear Celia, I can relate to you on many levels. I hope for you all that is good.
This made me cry. What a profound description of loss and survival.
Beauty will have to do till sleep arrives. Hugs from here.
Survival as Marciamayo says is the key. Moving on and re-blooming as your roses do.
as you know this is a process, tied at the hip to time and the inevitable shifting and turning and twisting that accompany major life changes. i am glad you are focusing on the positives you are identifying at the moment. seeing that this change is bringing order to your life is a huge positive effect. i hope some moments of rest are close by. sending huggssss.
Hopefully, everything settles.
Lovely photo : )
Grandkids are sweet, aren't they? I don't have any children (and therefore no grandkids) but I remember being one. It was always fun to be at Grandma's house, because you could just go off and play, even though Grandma (we had 2 different ones) never had the state of the art toys — we made a lot of art at Grandma's house
: )
We have a yellow rosebush by the garage, and it's determined to go out in a blaze of glory this year, in spite of the Michigan weather. It's had an amazing run of blossoms (which miraculously weren't immediately destroyed by Japanese beetles... I think the birds finally developed a taste for them & their larvae).
Grandchildren seem to enjoy other people's gardens and its difficult to get everything done when you are looking after them.
I love that rose with its subtle hues on the edges.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home