At the End of the Evening
It's been a nice day. An errand day. Cold but sunny. The leaves are falling and it was close to freezing last night. So I had the tires rotated at Les Schwab. Got the oil changed. Hunted up my chains which were still in the way back of the van. Tomorrow I will take the hoses in and cover the faucets. Last November I picked all the crumbling window putty out of my front window and neglected to put it back on all summer. I was busy. But its getting chilly so I'd better get to it before its too cold to set up. I got a new lamp post in front and the dirt is still empty of the lavender I was going to plant there. When I came back from the grocery store I noticed that several tiny maples trees and a large amount of clover were trying to declare squatter's rights around the post. Where'd the summer go? Yard work. Looked in the paper for condo ads. Not quite ready for it yet though. Went to the pulmonologist who thought I needed a lot of guided exercise. There's a rehab center there that does pulmonary rehab. I went there a year and a half ago with great results but guess what...Medicare used to pay for it once a year and this year they changed that benefit; they pay for it once, period, in your lifetime, and I've already had mine. @%$^&&. And if Medicare won't pay the so-called medigap won't pay. I will figure something out. Still it's been a good day and all those Chilean miners are out of that hole in the ground. Seventy days, my life is not so bad.
So it's after 10PM and I watched the end of Gray's Anatomy while trying to change my blog page at the same time. I seem to have forgotten a few things. I finally remembered how to place a picture of the "Blue Cottage." I forgot to trim it to fit. Okay, trimmed, re-save. Now its portioned correctly but waaaaay too big, huge, takes up all the page. Re-sized it. Sure now I see the lettering is in white and disappears against the sky. @#$@% I should have taken a picture when it was cloudy. The spell checker thinks pulmonologist is an unknown word. Time to drag my favorite night attire out of the dryer and head for bed.
So it's after 10PM and I watched the end of Gray's Anatomy while trying to change my blog page at the same time. I seem to have forgotten a few things. I finally remembered how to place a picture of the "Blue Cottage." I forgot to trim it to fit. Okay, trimmed, re-save. Now its portioned correctly but waaaaay too big, huge, takes up all the page. Re-sized it. Sure now I see the lettering is in white and disappears against the sky. @#$@% I should have taken a picture when it was cloudy. The spell checker thinks pulmonologist is an unknown word. Time to drag my favorite night attire out of the dryer and head for bed.
Labels: header, seasons, winter prep

8 Comments:
Celia, I loved this post. You tell of your day in a way that makes me both happy and sad - the passing of time, the moving on, the small struggles and frustrations. Thanks for the picture of your house. It's beautiful and is, indeed, a blue cottage. Hold on to it as long as you think it's the right thing to do.
Love the pic - just move the lettering to the right if you can. It will show up nicely against the trees.
I am sorry, but are you moving out of the blue cottage into a condo? This must be a tremendous change for you if it is so.
Tabor - no, not moving. It will be a long time before I do that again. Just discouraged with the yardwork but will work that out. I won't voluntarily add any extra life changing events for quite awhile.
love the blue cottage, celia!
you are busy as a bee, girl!
I love that picture of your cottage. It's just right up there smiling down on us. You two.
Your blue cottage is so cute. Is there a HS boy or girl that would be willing to help with the yard? Or a friend who could help out. Wish I was closer, my S-I-L has hidden the big loppers from me, but has let me put in a veggie garden. LOL
RYN: There's something really wrong with me as I get suckered into buying blue, blue and white, blue flowered, et al, napkins to go with my few blue placemats. LOL I really like those blue checked ones....I just got them a couple of months ago. But you can see the nice acidy green ones peeking out the top right of the drawer. I just have to stop buying.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home