My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Breakfast and Gardens

The garden is on its last legs. We had a long, cool spring and produce was limited this year but not missing. This is almost the end of it. I decided to make a yellow tomato sauce for pasta with this last picked crop. These tomatoes are not only yellow but are about 5" in circumference. Sadly I don't know what they are. They taste sweet, have no seeds to speak of, and can be peeled easily. This is the last zucchini; this year I tried to pluck them before they became behemoths. The little green peppers are a little bug nibbled, but this is a no pesticide, organic (chicken and cow poo) fertilizer garden. I got the red peppers at the farmer's market. I also have some home grown basil to add to the mix, and farmer's market garlic and onions.

It all looked so yummy I stopped and made a sort of a frittata for breakfast. I filled that little cup with green tea and stevia and had myself a little feast.

Life is good.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

Oh, it really does look yummy. I'm on my way out to run errands and join the poets group for lunch. Thanks to you, my mouth is watering even before I get into the truck. :)

October 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

Life is good, indeed.

October 21, 2010 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Small correction, the yellow tomatoes are 5" in diameter not circumference, they are big!

October 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I also fixed a tomato sauce today from our tomatoes. I am not sure if we will get more but rain is due tonight and it might ruin what is left on the vine.

October 21, 2010 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

My summer garden is about done as well. Picked the last of the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, squash, and honeydews. Thought to give it a short rest, but my son in law is planting red onions for seed, and he brought me a couple of bundles to put in so here I go again with the winter veggies. Life is good!

October 21, 2010 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

@Rain looks like rain here too and outside town it is freezing by morning. Ate some of the sauce over whole wheat noodles for dinner. Mmm!
@Brighid I'm getting some lettuce from some raised beds in a sheltered spot if the slugs don't beat me to it. Thinking I'm done though.

October 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

ah yes- goodies from the garden! Life is good indeed! And thanks Celia for the nice comments you left on my blog! Cheers!

October 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home