Nattering
Not sure what it is about evening falling that makes me want to natter on. Maybe it's just that time of year. I went to see RED last night with my eldest. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but we enjoyed the heck out of it. Came out feeling like I'd like to be RED, Retired Extremely Dangerous. "What do you mean there's no raise in Social Security - again!?" It's based on a DC Comics graphic novel which exposes one of my little secrets right there. And the dialog is witty. And Helen Mirren is fantastic, I loved her in "Prime Suspect." And John Malkovich is John Malkovich of course and very funny. It's not hard for me to enjoy the block headed minions of a snaky vice president (certainly not a Democrat) and a corporate bad guy coming to a bad end at the hands of a small group of retirees with certain, er, talents.
I will take my angst out of the leftovers of my garden tomorrow. Channel that anger into something useful. It will help you get out of bed in the morning at times. However, someone in Seattle has made it into the paper for stabbing a classmate in her anger managment class. Perhaps I shouldn't be so calvalier about the carnage in films. And then there's the ones trying to kill us all these days - the opponents of universal medical care. They don't care if they kill us or our kids or whoever. Their weapons are more insidious. I've been very lucky, had good, work related health insurance all my adult life and it covered my kids, the death defying Flying Rasculy Brothers. I say "Medicare for everybody." After a lifetime of no bumper or window stickers on my car, I have found one that I want. Repeat after me, "Medicare for everybody!" Even for my soon-ex-husband, who will referred to from now on as SEH.
SEH came by to pick up what I think is the last of anything that belongs to him. And to dig up potatoes and squash which I admit he planted, watered, and nutured. Fair is fair. And he left some for me. He did feel compelled to make snippy and untruthful remarks about a family member of mine that I care a lot about, but I don't own a shoulder mounted rocket launcher or even a squirt gun and I am trying to evolve, and it would frighten the little girls next door so I ignored the tossed gauntlet. And, it's Sunday, I did go to church, hopefully something good rubbed off on me. So would it be so wrong to hope someone would offer him a really good job in, say, Spain, he always wanted to go there. SEH is on the correct side of the "Medicare for everybody" issue after all.
I will take my angst out of the leftovers of my garden tomorrow. Channel that anger into something useful. It will help you get out of bed in the morning at times. However, someone in Seattle has made it into the paper for stabbing a classmate in her anger managment class. Perhaps I shouldn't be so calvalier about the carnage in films. And then there's the ones trying to kill us all these days - the opponents of universal medical care. They don't care if they kill us or our kids or whoever. Their weapons are more insidious. I've been very lucky, had good, work related health insurance all my adult life and it covered my kids, the death defying Flying Rasculy Brothers. I say "Medicare for everybody." After a lifetime of no bumper or window stickers on my car, I have found one that I want. Repeat after me, "Medicare for everybody!" Even for my soon-ex-husband, who will referred to from now on as SEH.
SEH came by to pick up what I think is the last of anything that belongs to him. And to dig up potatoes and squash which I admit he planted, watered, and nutured. Fair is fair. And he left some for me. He did feel compelled to make snippy and untruthful remarks about a family member of mine that I care a lot about, but I don't own a shoulder mounted rocket launcher or even a squirt gun and I am trying to evolve, and it would frighten the little girls next door so I ignored the tossed gauntlet. And, it's Sunday, I did go to church, hopefully something good rubbed off on me. So would it be so wrong to hope someone would offer him a really good job in, say, Spain, he always wanted to go there. SEH is on the correct side of the "Medicare for everybody" issue after all.
Labels: Helen Mirren, Medicare, RED

5 Comments:
Oh, there is a picture of your blue cottage, which is quite lovely. As for your question about whether a person can turn their life around (or inside out or completely into something different) I'm of the opinion that it's quite likely possible. I look forward to hearing your progress in that department.
Thanks for your comments recently on my blog. I enjoyed meeting you and talking with you at Ronni's.
but I don't own a shoulder mounted rocket launcher or even a squirt gun and I am trying to evolve - I loved that line!
I think you have really good self control :-)
Yes, something good did rub off. You didn't shoot the (*&%#@* )(&^&%$ for his remarks. You are evolving nicely.
taking the high road can be vexing especially when you want to launch a rocket....glad to see you prevailed!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home