My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, November 1, 2010

PLEASE VOTE EVERYONE


Tomorrow is the big day. My stomach is reminding me daily that I am concerned about the outcome. I don't recall hearing so much ignorant bombast in my life. I mailed my ballot in as soon as I got it. I'm pretty sure all my family did the same. My thanks to all you bloggers who are more informed than I and have shared with us, I often post your blog links on my facebook and send it to people on my email list. Nice to have people like Ronni Bennett http://www.timegoesby.net/, and Rain http://rainydaythings.blogspot.com/, and many others who write so eloquently and thoughtfully.

I've done a couple of things I haven't done in long, long, time, signed petitions, particularly concerning Social Security which should never be privatized or done away with, and one pitching for Medicare for everyone; I've started contributing money to the Democrats, attending fund raisers, and going to rallys; arguing with our not so honorable opponents at their little tables in front of grocery stores, I didn't intend to, I just couldn't be totally silent anymore. I haven't picketed anyone in probably 15-20 years, the last time on behalf of farmworkers. We have voices and I don't know about you, I haven't been using mine for awhile. Meanwhile I'm off to get somemore Tums.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger marciamayo said...

I'll be at the polls tomorrow (for all the good it will go in Georgia).

November 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Tabor said...

I am proud of you. It is sometimes hard to stand up for what you believe when by nature you are not an aggressive person. I will be staffing a table at another voting place this P.M. First time I have done that!

November 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Thanks Tabor, I am fairly conflict avoidant, it took me awhile to decompress after the rather public political disagreement.

November 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I think we all have to do what you have described but first let's take a time out and let this all be. I know my bp was higher than it should be the other day and that means I am letting it get to me. Like you I have done more than in the past each election cycle as we seem to get closer and closer to the edge of something bad where we cannot go back. We just have to release it though as otherwise it'll make us physically sick. Thank you for mentioning my political blog :) For awhile it won't be very active but I will pick it back up when I think it can make a difference

November 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

I'm quiet about my opinions. Probably I should yell. Obviously I'm burned out on politics. I truly urge everyone to get off their duff and vote, but so many folks feel their votes are useless. I still hope they will vote.

November 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

well written post- so many people have died for the right to vote! Our local elections truly showed the beauty behind our freedoms.

November 6, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home