A quiet frozen day today. It's was a balmy 16 when I got up today, better than the 4 of yesterday morning. This has turned out to be one of the most peaceful and pleasant Thanksgivings I've had. The food was great, two of the 9 year old grandgirls made desserts, a pumpkin pie, and a pecan pie, plus the pumpkin cheesecake their mother made. I am truly impressed, I can tell you I was making no pies at age 9. I had a couple of nice glasses of wine too.
My eldest son got the day off after all and my grandgirl Julia and I drove over and picked him up driving slowly through the white, quiet frozen day. We made a stop back at home because my socks had gotten wet, wrong shoes for crossing the snow. I am so out of practice. Put on my dry woolie ones, my polka dotted knee high rubber boots, and tossed in my slippers for house wear and we were off again. No football fans here, lots of conversation.
Eldest son is off to work today, and the rest of the guys are going to bundle up for a day of steelhead fishing. We women are meeting again today for lunch to plan gift buying for the six young granddaughters. No shopping today, ugh! We combine ideas and money to get them what they might like. This year we've added a young single mom with three kids under 5. Coats are big on this list. We got them through one of the social service organizations. The thought of people with no coats in this weather is painful. Good time to pass on our no longer used decent coats and sleeping bags too.
May your day be filled with blessings.
My eldest son got the day off after all and my grandgirl Julia and I drove over and picked him up driving slowly through the white, quiet frozen day. We made a stop back at home because my socks had gotten wet, wrong shoes for crossing the snow. I am so out of practice. Put on my dry woolie ones, my polka dotted knee high rubber boots, and tossed in my slippers for house wear and we were off again. No football fans here, lots of conversation.
Eldest son is off to work today, and the rest of the guys are going to bundle up for a day of steelhead fishing. We women are meeting again today for lunch to plan gift buying for the six young granddaughters. No shopping today, ugh! We combine ideas and money to get them what they might like. This year we've added a young single mom with three kids under 5. Coats are big on this list. We got them through one of the social service organizations. The thought of people with no coats in this weather is painful. Good time to pass on our no longer used decent coats and sleeping bags too.
May your day be filled with blessings.

4 Comments:
My yesterday was certainly blessed, and today's leftovers start off a grand season in fine style.
So glad you had such a magical day. Thank you for sharing it.
I did all the cooking except for some chocolate chip cookies for dessert. It was a good meal and I did not mind...maybe someday I will be the guest, but I am not hoping for that anytime soon.
Beautifully told description of two very good days.
Celia, I love your blog. Thanks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home