My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Saturday, February 26, 2011


I'm a little late with this as the light snow pretty much disappeared yesterday even though it was about 12 this morning when I got up. The weather mostly went around us again.  I'm grateful. I went to sleep in my sweats last night, too lazy or tired or both to get another blanket out for the bed.  Before I turned in I went out on the deck and looked up at the sky.  Clear as a bell and a zillion stars in every direction.  Our local owl was performing its vocalizations.  I could hear the noise of the little stream that runs across the front of my neighbor's yard by the sidewalk.  No other sounds.  I was really glad I'd insulated myself up in my wool socks and heavy bathrobe and gone out for a look.  It puts winter and days of freezing temperatures into perspective.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

I'm glad to know that the major storm passed you by. We had such beautiful weather today and tomorrow will be even warmer. Don't you want to come south for a visit?

February 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

kenju: It sounds loverly, a friend called from San Antonio and told me it was going to be 80 there today.

February 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

It's going to be 80 here in Atlanta too today, but your description of the quiet during a snowfall was beautiful.

February 27, 2011 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Rain Trueax said...

We got about four inches which is the most we've had in quite awhile and lasted the longest. Fortunately it's going now

February 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

We were told by the weather guy to expect snow, didn't show up. It was plenty cold though.
Lots of snow in the Sierras, so up the hill I go. Thinking I should learn to snowshoe this year.

February 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

over here in the Willamette Valley we have been getting LOTS of rain and wind....very March like! I love your sharing the midnight sounds and sights off your deck.

March 2, 2011 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

We are just having a terribly time getting warm here too. No sweats to bed for us. I'm just adding a blanket or small quilt tonight. You just stay warm.

March 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home