Spring Bouquet
In spite of the lack of sunshine through my windows, my pot of flowers keeps showing new blooms. I'll plant the bulbs in the yard when the time comes. I went to Home Depot (fondly known as Ho Depot from a time they lost part of their sign in a wind storm) and checked out the plants there. I was there to get a light fixture and some other things as the electrician is coming tomorrow to put in extra outlets and fix a fried light fixture. Last week it was the plumber. A couple in front of me bought a couple of boxes of assorted bedding plants. I hope they aren't out there trying to plant them though. The wind has kicked up, gusts around 35mph, and rain is right behind it. If they get them right into the ground they won't have to water.
Saw my doctor and she talked me back onto Zoloft with a plan for tapering off it more gently doing cold turkey. I agreed to it, the abrupt way was making me dizzy and now I feel better. I'm not generally a good pill taker but I'm not interested in falling flat on my face again like I did last week. Fortunately I didn't hurt anything but my own feelings. So apparently there's a reason for following directions. Snicker.
Now the house smells delicious, I just took two loaves of banana bread out of the oven. They have almonds and apricots in them. Yum. Just going to have some bread, finish watching my Netflix film, and then off to the gym. Nice quiet day, tomorrow I'll have 4 grandgirls here besides the electrician, and I'm cooking dinner for them and their daddy. Also fun, but definitely not quiet.

6 Comments:
Don't eat too much of it! I would. I just served homemade vegetable beef soup and cornbread. I always overeat when that is on the menu. Topped it off with 2 pieces of walnut fudge. NOw I need a nap!
Mmm, soup and cornbread. I'd overeat that too, and I did eat too much bread,;-0
Is the electrician going to stay for supper too? Your home-made bread sounds divine.
Do you suppose if we invited him for dinner he'd charge less? Or might he charge extra, ha, ha.
I tried Zoloft last December when the shortened days of daylight were taking their toll (really noticeable at this age). Once I'd ramped up to a serviceable dose, I enjoyed about three weeks of the good life before the galloping diarrhea kicked in. No chance to wean; had to leap off!
That's a lovely pot you've got!
:) hi there! i am still lurking among blogs from time to time, catching up on my reading. glad you are going to taper...always the better way to withdraw from things that build up in our system.
if spring ever gets here and decides to stay, we are going to be feeling more energized here in Puget Sound. this never-ending rain in very chilled air has worn me out.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home