My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dinner and a Movie


Our radiant day of spring sunshine yesterday has been replaced by cool, breezy, and overcast again.  I'm afraid to stick my little tomato plants in the ground unprotected. Tomorrow I will venture out to the local garden emporium and get a couple of those little jacket things to put around them.  Yesterday I dug up a weedy garden bed around my front yard light and planted three pink ice plants.  When the sun comes back I will add more and move my little lavenders out there too.  The local grown asparagus showed up in stores this week and for dinner I made a Swiss cheese, mushroom, and asparagus Quiche.  Made it with fresh eggs from my kids' farm.  Three big duck eggs.  Smelled heavenly and tasted delightful if I do say so myself.

Now for the movie.  Well, more of a short.  This is on U-toob as we like to call it, made by my sister Susan and her daughter.  Click here, Too Much Sugar, a humorous cautionary tale made for grade school kids, she teaches fourth grade.  It was shown it at an assembly at her elementary school. She plays Grannie and the grandson which cracked me up.  I, of course, am quite proud of her acting and her daughter's film work.

9 Comments:

Blogger Brig said...

Oh my, that is a super cute movie with a great message. I'm putting it on my FB, thanks girls.

May 5, 2011 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

The video was hilarious and helpful. I think I'm going to show it to my second graders.

May 6, 2011 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Okay...now going to watch a clip on sugar.

May 6, 2011 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Sky said...

we have not had any luck with the ice plants we so love to see in northern CA. they are nice annuals, but they are not hardy for us. are they for you?

that quiche looks fabulous! i am ready to get some fresh asperagus. it is one of my favorite of all veggies.

May 6, 2011 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

You have reminded me how much we love quiche! I will have to make one again soon.

May 6, 2011 at 5:06 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Well, I'm terrible. I want to know about the fabric under that heavenly looking quiche. Did you make the placemat?

May 6, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Celia said...

Ice plants seems to thrive here in SE Washington. I've been walking around peering into people's gardens trying to see what survived our nasty winter, and then checking them for being draught proof. Hopefully they'll take in my yard. Same with the lavenders. Amazing that lavender is a field crop here and on the East side Washington peninsula. Quite a spread of climate. Maybe the reduced rain in both places is the key.

Maggie, the placemats are cotton but that's all I know, I got them at our farmer's marker last summer. The other side of them is a lovely blue with white polka dots, I love them.

May 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

The sugar video was very clever!

The quiche looks brilliant. Made me hungry.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

May 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

thanks Celia for your nice comments on my blog! You and others have been so encouraging. Cheers!

May 10, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home