My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Thoughts


I'm glad for these things:

I was slugabed last  Friday when I heard the sound of this balloon running its burner and to gain altitude.  There was no wind and it was suspended over our backyards a long time so I could toss my robe and shoes on and get this picture.

Chocolate.

In half an hour my house will be filled with four grandgirls who are supposed to be doing their homeschool work today.  Although it's like herding cats some days I will be sad when they all stroll off to high school.

My church sings.  We had a prayer service last night for our pastor and we sung our little hearts out for nearly two hours.  My youngest son played his guitar and many with good voices went up by the pulpit and made us sound good.


Thank heaven for little girls, the two on the right are my grands.

I'm grateful for my family, large, diverse, full of characters.  Always there in a pinch or a celebration.

I'm especially glad for the new little family member who showed up 11 weeks early at 2 pounds 9 ounces.  He is strong and doing well.  He is breathing well on his own, gained two ounces, and he's pooping regularly now.  Isn't it funny what makes you happy?

Friends!

I've lost two more pounds and am six pounds away from where I should be.  My pants except for two new pairs of jeans are all too big and fortunately I can replace them.

I am down to just one regular medication to take.  That's for my diabetes. I can still eat dessert occasionally and of course, chocolate.  We have a to-die-for candy store here, Bright's Chocolate, and I run in and buy myself one stupendous dark chocolate truffle when the urge strikes.  I'd buy five but I'd eat them all in the car on the way home.

I'm glad for this blogging community.  I don't write everyday but I sure do read it everyday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

I absolutely love that photo of the kids. Such a diverse and happy group! Congrats on your weight loss...I do know this does not come easily.

May 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

I truly love this celebratory entry. I'm here every day you post enjoying anything you care to offer us. I too had a good Friday.

May 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

this post brought smiles. it is always a treat to read here.

i am glad for your joys and for your blog so i can read about them! the success with your health is just fabulous! :)

May 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

And I'm glad for you.

May 21, 2011 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Great photos especially the one of the children.
It is also good to have a good sing in church, which is what I will be doing soon! (Not for 2 hrs though!)

I was sorry to hear about the Pastors death in the post before.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

May 22, 2011 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

what a plethora of blessings- thanks for sharing them- it makes me smile!

May 22, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home