My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 4 and Counting

The Lovely Granddaughters on their way to VBS

I am pooped, oddly not so pooped as in the beginning of the week. I'm also having fun and really like the craft crew I get to work with, and the kids, what well behaved kids, I'm really proud of all of them.  The kids painted a ton of birdhouses with laughing and racket and joy.  A couple of the high school guys helping painted two of the most creative bird houses.  The kinders win the prize for working the hardest.  Getting up an hour earlier this week has been worth it. Not so crazy about being on my feet 4-5 hours a day something I've managed to avoid for years. I guess my future career as an underpaid Walmart Greeter won't happen.
 One of the first attempts at a group photo!

I guess my other future occupation as a Walmart kid's photographer is in jeopardy too. Ha, ha! 

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Brig said...

What cute girls. They all look happy to be there and ready to have fun. Is the wrongside out backward T shirt a new fashion statement? lol
Your having fun and that's important too. They growup so fast.

June 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Beautiful pics, Celia. Aren't grandkids the best!

June 23, 2011 at 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, getting a group of kids to sit still and smile pretty for the camera. I taught high school for 21 years and did the yearbook for 9 of those. Group photos can be hard.

June 23, 2011 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

It was backwards day therefore the inside out or backwards garments. We did have fun even though it was hot. Today was green day and weird hair day, wish I'd bought my camera for that. Even I put on some green hair spray.

June 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Just lovely delightful and despite the hour, simply wonderful. I used to love doing things like this. :)

Thanks for your delightful and supportive notes.

June 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

That is a great photo. You look as though you are very good at group snaps.
Lovely children.
You sound good fun.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

June 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home