My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There and Back

My grandgirl Alandra and I went to Portland Friday; it took us five hours with our side trips, visiting a little park on the Columbia River called Hat Rock and discovered a whole little community of houses tucked away on the river. We took loads of pictures and while they easily went onto my tiny laptop, I can't seem to download all I chose so here are the ones that made it. We were on a mission to see "The Allure of the Automobile Exhibit" at the Portland Art Museum, visit family and bring my other. grandgirl Sophie home with us.


This is the view out the window of the van as we enter the Columbia Gorge going west at Wallula Junction on Hwy 730. Burlington Northern has most of the good real estate here. The scenery was gorgeous, gorgeous gorge and the weather was perfect.




 She caught a windsurfer in flying upstream in the wind just before we reached The Dalles.


This picture of Mt. Hood looming over Hood River is out of order but I am out of patience for struggling with this but it was a great day for getting pictures of the mountain.  Because it was Saturday the road construction was paused as well.


Above is Mt. Hood overlooking the Dalles Dam on the Columbia.  Alandra took most of the pictures through the window of a moving van and they turned out pretty great.

 
The photographer recharging her creative juices the next day after our arrival by hiding in her cozy bed at our hotel. 

6 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

Each photo will be a memory of a wonderful trip!

June 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

great journey photos! and thanks for leaving always such nce comments

June 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

Such wonderful times, and great pictues. You rock Granny!

June 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger marciamayo said...

Portland is a beautiful place, isn't it?

June 29, 2011 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

I do so like these views, but I confess that I would have been on the train then at the bookstore.

June 30, 2011 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

What a magnificent sight that mountain is.
Lovely pictures.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

July 16, 2011 at 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home