My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Dwindling Light


After the dust storm passed conditions are strolling into pre-fall.  Nice afternoons, and cooler evenings and nights.  As my youngest son's family has five of six girls playing soccer (each with about two games and two practices a week). I've shuttling some my grandgirls to soccer games out of town.  Yesterday we got the girls all lined up on the field and they did their warm-ups, and ran around the field, and around repeatedly when no referee appeared.  As thoughts of leaving appeared so did the referee. 

The game started enough that it was nearly dark by the time we finished and those of us inert in our folding chairs in the shadow of the hill were getting goosebumps.  Autumn comes in a process I know, but it seems to have just snuck up on us all at once.  The flock of chickens on the girls' farm have become reluctant to lay eggs in the dwindling light and chilly evenings.  They will put lights on in their hen house to fool them into a few more eggs before bedtime.  I took a nap this afternoon instead of cleaning the furnace filters, and vacuuming as I promised myself.  Maybe I need a light to make my day longer too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home