I woke up at 3 in the morning Monday with a terrible stabbing ache in my side. Went to the Urgent Care at our local clinic and was given CT scan that found a large 3/8" kidney stone. That one wasn't going to wash through so they gave me a shot of something for the pain and set me up with a urologist who scheduled me into surgery late that afternoon. My dear daughter-in-law Heather took me to the doctor, delivered me to the hospital, returned me home afterwards, and stayed the night with me. What a girl. I am so blessed to have her in our family. Her mother sent dinner over on Tuesday.
This is not going to be my best or brightest post. I'm still on pain meds and am somewhat ditzy, but I'm feeling so grateful for family and friends who have shown me their care in many ways. Thank you all.
This is not going to be my best or brightest post. I'm still on pain meds and am somewhat ditzy, but I'm feeling so grateful for family and friends who have shown me their care in many ways. Thank you all.

4 Comments:
Well that's really scary and I have heard from those who get those stones that it's the most painful experience they ever have. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Gosh, I am so sorry, but it's so good they took care of it immediately. You sound good now....reading on.
At least you are able to post - that says something. And I'm glad you got such good and quick medical care, and I hope that kidney stone dissolves.
Sending healing hugs (but not too tight). LOL!
so here are the details that i totally missed seeing earlier!
am so glad you are feeling better now and that your surgery was a success without complications. i know a person and a doggie who had stone surgery but the stones went into the ureter and would not drop back into the bladder. yikes.
lucky you for the family support.
i had pain in my R side last week and thought it might be appendicitis. turned out to be a muscle spasm at the base of the R rib cage where the muscles connect and move from the waist toward the hip. 5 days for the spasms to cease. health issues suck!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home