My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, October 27, 2011


It's a nice if chilly day today.  My clematis has grown up the side of the garage and out onto the phone line back  towards the house.  It the afternoons  it looks like red stained glass.  I'm going to try to catch a picture of it tomorrow, I waited until too late in the day today.

I skipped the pain pills this morning so I could drive myself to the library, a short jaunt.  I got three DVD's and Dana Stabenow's "Hunter's Moon" to read.  The films I got are "The Book of Eli," "Elizabeth - The Golden Age," with Cate Blanchett, who is one of my favorites, and "Eat, Pray, Love," which got mixed reviews but I wanted to see it, and I love watching Javier Bardem.  It's a lot better than trying to find something on daytime television.  I was surprised how tired I was when I got home so I took a little nap.  When I got up I defrosted some of my homemade chili for dinner and started in on my book.

My friend Merry offered to loan me a new book she has, the latest Louise Penny, saying they "were trying not to read them too fast."  I can sure appreciate that, if I zip through them they are gone, like old friends leaving after a visit and not to return for a long time.  So I think I will follow her lead and read more slowly.  I know I was in mourning for awhile after I read all three Steig Larsson's "Girl Who..." books, in despair that there would be no more.  The upside is if my memory gets worse in the coming decades I can probably read them all over again like new books.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

I do reread them. In the last twenty years, I have let a few volumes go, but not many. :) Hope you are better this afternoon.

Hugs from here.

October 28, 2011 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger Peruby said...

Let me know what you think of "Eli". (Grinning). I enjoyed Elizabeth. Passed on Eat, Pray Love.

November 1, 2011 at 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home