Transitions
Thank you Inkless Press
My old PC has served me long and well but I have been nursing and cajoling this one along for the last year. It's XP, it doesn't have enough RAM. It makes crunching noises, it stops and gives me the black screen of death. It gets stuck and whirrs endlessly until finally I unplug it since you can't get to the shut down process. The applications I use keep giving me messages, "we no longer support XP," meaning - you're on your own girlie. I have finally given up and ordered a new PC. It was supposed to arrive at the store (no shipping charges that way) yesterday but oops, it didn't. Meanwhile I fill in at the library and on my little ASUS eee. I suppose I could just stick with my tiny laptop but I have young girls doing on-line home school work on the work station, and I can see better on the big screen of my work station especially if I'm trying to watch a movie or Inspector Lewis. No, I'm not wirelessly connected to my TV.
I'm a retired programmer and recovered gadget junkie but I seem to be sliding slowly into technical oblivion. I could download virtual books on my little laptop if I only could figure out how. My main winter project is going to be to learn how to use the stuff I have. Like remodel my blog page. My son's Droid befuddles me and the screen is too small for my eyes but it makes me drool. But I don't want to spend the money on it or pay the wireless phone people a fortune to get the connections to run it. Doesn't fit in the budget. I added up what I spend now to remain "connected" and almost passed out. I have enough money but not a lot of extra. Being able to gab online and with old friends is valuable. Many are out of reach without a long ride in the car, some of them unable to drive far anymore. Then there are my faraway blog friends.
Hope my PC arrives soon.
Labels: technology


2 Comments:
Please keep the blue cottage picture once you start your remodel. :)
Yes, thanks to a year of nursing my old computer, I now run the newest one in the fleet. The laptop is fancier, but I like this one and will miss it when it dies. No droid here....I can't see the screen. I used to be pretty good at this stuff but now don't even use my cell. Maybe my brain is leaving me behind.
Hope it comes today.
It happens to all of us at one time or another! My laptop just bit the bullet today and my desktop is on broadband and not high speed. And if you want a really good laugh...my tv is not even on a cable. We use a rooftop antenna and rabbit ears! You go girl and get whatever you want and need!!! We can't get more than what we have because of where we live and it's a challenge as a blogger and an online database volunteer. I feel like that skeleton on some days waiting for things to load ;)Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home