My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's a quiet, cool but sunny day.  Tiny little birds are picking at something I cannot see in the remains of the garden.  I still have a few roses to trim up a little before it really freezes. 
And,  wahoo, I nearly finished my Christmas shopping much to my surprise in a spurt of online shopping Wednesday.  Good thing as my modem crashed the next day. That was followed by a tour of our little town's small businesses Sunday afternoon with my granddaughter.  I am trying to shop locally but it is hard here, selections are limited in our remote location, still I've gotten about half my gifts here.  I did buy a fake tree this year while we were out.  Small and easy to put up without moving any furniture.  I feel like I can relax and enjoy the season now.

Thanksgiving is a blur, 24+ of us gathered two days in a row.  Lots of food, turkey Thursday, ham Friday. Good company, silliness, laughter, and some early gifting for small children visiting and their cousins, eight all together.  Four generations.  And unfortunately for me, a dog, I had to leave early when my asthma kicked into high gear in spite of a week of pretreating with antihistimines.  Being goofy or lonesome I came the second day too and ended up with an inhalation treatment at ER.  In the shower Sunday I got cranky, weepy, and sad thinking how my allergies separate me from a lot of people I'd like to be around.  That's when I realized I really wasn't feeling well.  The hardest part is I'd like have a dog or a cat too if I could, just not in my karma.  Time to make lemonade out of my personal lemons and regroup. 

Got my modem reset by my carrier, no internet most of the holiday, which is okay mostly except I pay my bills online and read the online news.  I'm renting my modem which I either didn't know or forgot, so I will go out and buy my own, trying not to think how that oversight had me paying for 10 years extra $ to my so-so cable company.  Not a fortune but one of those little irritations.

Still, I am feeling mellow today and looking forward to my five year old granddaughter spending the afternooon and dinner with me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

Checking out your blog today. I love the blue cottage and white turkey. I'm a nut for colors. Dianne

November 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Brig said...

67 and sunny here today...I got three of the raised veggie beds cleaned out and ready for the cleanings from the chicken pen...I know too much excitement!

November 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home