All is quiet this morning. It's been a nice few days. I've been sleeping in later and later, then visiting, and enjoying buffet meals. Christmas was fun with family and the six grandgirls, dinner at one house Christmas Eve, and breakfast and gifts at another Christmas morning. They were kind enough not to start until 8am this year. My eldest was working both days and made his Christmas on Boxing Day and came over to open gifts. Then we went to see "War Horse." It was good. I get into my movies, found myself crying at the end and a bit weepy at the beginning to pondering all those young men going off to war. It's one of my favorite kinds of Spielberg flick and a horse movie as well with a race between the horse and auto on an English country road. I love a horse race.
My first attempt at making some kind of candy treat came off well and eldest and I ate quite a bit. Dark chocolate bark with bits of orange peel and chopped pecans. The tiny Christmas tree continues to shine on.
The temperature last night post-movie was 48, not the 25+ we've been having. Delightful.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
My first attempt at making some kind of candy treat came off well and eldest and I ate quite a bit. Dark chocolate bark with bits of orange peel and chopped pecans. The tiny Christmas tree continues to shine on.
The temperature last night post-movie was 48, not the 25+ we've been having. Delightful.
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2 Comments:
Same to you Celia, and please don't eat all the chocolate.
Sounds like a pretty good holiday. and too, please tell me if the horse lives at the end. Thank you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home