I bought this Nativity set at The Grotto in Portland over ten years ago. My sister Grace and I visited this Botanical Garden and Catholic Shrine. You can take a glass enclosed elevator up a cliff to the gardens and a viewing platform, quite a view. And they have a huge gift shop that included 100's of Nativities both for sale and not. I fell in love with this one. Lately at the end of the evening I turn out most of the lights and have been enjoying various Christmas concerts on the telly by the light of the Christmas tree. There is something so peaceful about a darkened living room in the glow of Christmas decorations.
We've had quite a week, still are having one. My daughter (in-law) had her appendix out Sunday. Grandkids came to my house and her Mom's house, all were worried about Mommy. She came home that night and is mending, we kept the girls so Dad and Mom could rest awhile. My van is still in the garage and may be until Thursday or Friday. Other family members had things surgically repaired. A dear friend loaned me her car until Monday while she was out of town so I could fetch children, get groceries, finish shopping, rent movies, buy glitter, and do those odds and ends of things that appear right before Christmas Eve. Now Great-grandma has loaned me her car. What would we do without our friends and family?
Glitter, glitter everywhere. The Grandgirls made Christmas ornaments. We glued, pasted, and painted foam balls and pine cones, and sprinkled glitter on them and ourselves. And sequins, and self sticking jewels, and little bells, and stuff. I found red sequins in the kitchen sink and blue glitter in my hair. We sparkle from stem to stern. I have now seen The Smurfs movie twice now, it was surprisingly entertaining, and Shrek 3, and one more that I've forgotten already. I was really tired last night but this morning the house seems, well, empty now that they've gone home.


6 Comments:
Those kind of physical emergencies are tough anytime. Glad it worked out okay for your family with this one. I love the Grotto and used to go there when I could. Before I became a Catholic, it was a major spiritual encouragement to do so. I still love it all. The Nativity looks great
I sure hope everyone is healing well and dont wash out the sparkly stuff too soon! Merry Merry Christmas!
You are a great gramma. Nice nativity scene too. :)
So sorry to hear about your DIL. Hope she's well in no time. What a good granny you are! Keep up the good works, sparkle plenty.
Sounds like a lot of fun with the sparkles....Hope your daughter-in-law is healing well. Enjoy your holidays with your family and friends. I love turning off all the lights and lighting candles sometimes on winter nights. There is something deeply relaxing about sitting quietly in that light.
Your nativity scene is lovely and the sparkles sound like fun. Hope healing is going well for the DIL and that your holidays are happy and full of love. Turning the lights off and lighting candles for an hour or two on winter nights is something I enjoy doing. It is wonderful to sit quietly in their light.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home