Paper Trail
Monday and I'm opening the pile of paper I got in the mail. Three offers for credit cards. Two solictitations to put money in two different local banks. Ha, ha, ha! One was from the bank that took over the bank I used and liked so I went to a credit union. The other bank, where I once had a checking account, spelled my first name wrong, and sent me dummy checks to use; I hate it when they do that. Then there were the three missives from the phone company all about the tiny change I made in my account. Three pleas for charitable contributions and envelopes with more paper from Medicare about bills they paid on services in April of 2011. It's taken them nearly10 months to pay, no wonder I see things saying Dr. SoandSo is no longer taking Medicare patients. I can't just toss things into the trash, some have names, blank checks with my name on them, and yada yada. So I open it, sort it into recycling, shredding, and needs-to-be-filed. Oh yes, there was a bill, that goes into a fourth pile. Under it all was an envelope from my sister with a cute little Valentine in it. Yea Pam!
While the postman was making his rounds, I was took different stash of paper out and got my taxes finished. I am getting a little refund, I am surprised and happy, I have 5 grandkid birthdays in March and April, no coal in their stockings, ha, ha.
While the postman was making his rounds, I was took different stash of paper out and got my taxes finished. I am getting a little refund, I am surprised and happy, I have 5 grandkid birthdays in March and April, no coal in their stockings, ha, ha.

4 Comments:
ha ha is right! Isn't the mail amazing? Honestly. Fun to read your day!
I have drawers full of paper that I should really be attending to. LOL!
Nice to have a refund with all those birthdays coming up.
We have a few in March/April as well.
Hugs
yesterday I received 4 letters. On the envelope were the following messages: OPEN AT ONCE, IMPORTANT MESSAGE, VITAL INFORMATION, BARAK OBAMA. I tossed them all, including the return envelopes. bkj
Theres a load of rubbish with every mail drop. Seems to be the way today.
Good to get a refund though.
Maggie X
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home