Very Angry with the Susan G Komen Foundation Today
I'm sure most of you know that the Susan G Komen Foundation unfunded Planned Parenthood. Political pressure has been brought to bear, e.i. Republicans, and other conservative bodies, have brought pressure to bear and it will no longer provide grants to Planned Parenthood for needy women to get mammograms.
I read that last night the Komen Foundation was hacked and their banner was replaced for awhile. I do not approve of hacking but I have to admit to some satisfaction with this.
This is what the ad is supposed to look like:

And this is the hacked version:

I've posted several items on my Facebook page including the link to the above Komen Foundation hacked, and this Facebook page De-fund-the-Komen-Foundation and this from Moveon.org which includes a petition to sign. I hope you find this as disturbing as I do. I think this move is anti-woman, and especially anti-poor women.
I read that last night the Komen Foundation was hacked and their banner was replaced for awhile. I do not approve of hacking but I have to admit to some satisfaction with this.
This is what the ad is supposed to look like:
And this is the hacked version:
I've posted several items on my Facebook page including the link to the above Komen Foundation hacked, and this Facebook page De-fund-the-Komen-Foundation and this from Moveon.org which includes a petition to sign. I hope you find this as disturbing as I do. I think this move is anti-woman, and especially anti-poor women.
Labels: Komen Foundation, mammograms, Planned Parenthood, poverty

4 Comments:
I agree and we need to be as vocal and active about this as the extreme righties are. One way or another they are determined to destroy the main help poor women have and not just on this one. I agree-- stop donations until they recognize the right isn't the only bunch who care. The money can go instead to PP
I agree. And too they are not accounting for any of the monies they spend and don't donate to other organizations that support breast cancer health. I've been ignoring them for years and put my energy where my mouth is, the American Cancer Society. Now I will put my mouth where my opinion is too.
I am so glad that there has been a huge backlash; my hope is that more low income women will find their voice and vote!!!!
i love the positive PR PP is getting from this and all the bucks they've raked in during the past few days - a declaration of women standing up for women and a testament against right wing politics interfering with women's health care. there have been rumors for a while that Komen has been laden with political agendas. glad the light has finally illuminated the truth to some extent so women can take control of our wallets and energy and throw them both in a direction that feels more honest and well intended. for us, donations to PP and to UW/Fred Hutch and UCLA/Dr Susan Love Foundation will be the new direction.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home