My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012



What more fence pictures?  No just this one, more wind blew through last Friday and now behind a lonesome Dusty Miller there is just half the gate left standing and one post.   A mystical gate to nowhere.  Do you suppose on the other side is some kind of Narnia for elder women.  Maybe place to escape a winter damaged garden and collapsed fence, a sunny beach and warm breezes?  I opened it alas, nothing there but the alley no one wants to see.  Rats.  I do have a claim number, an estimate, and a fellow to rebuild the fence.

I watched the Oscars Sunday.  Loved the fantastic show the Cirque de Soleil put on.  Discovered I don't know most of those "famous" people strolling up the red carpet.  I kept my copy of "White Lion" by Henning Mankell to read during whatever disinterested me, a lot of it actually.  I found myself wishing there for less skin showing.  I didn't used to care much.  There was lots of what Huge Laurie as House puckishly referred to as "fun bags" waving in the breeze and threatening to fall out of dresses.  I think having so many rapidly adolescing grandgirls makes me want to yell "cover it up."  Some of the awards delighted me though, all the Oscars for "The Artist" and Octavia Spencer's "The Help."  Is Angelina Jolie dying of something?  She looks ill.

Today I will warm up the van and go to the eye doctor and order new glasses.  I smashed mine when I fell on my face during the week from hell last week.  In the afternoon I see my ususal doc for the usual stuff and a followup to check on the brain rattling I gave myself midweek.  My shiner is progressing into those barfy yellow colors, and the swelling has gone down.  Sunday and Monday were nausea free, hooray, and I've regained my ability to walk a straight line again.  Cold and sunny out there today, the deck is icy, I will be very careful walking around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

Delightful to know you are feeling well enough to replace your glasses and get back to living. Yup, that was a fierce wind blowing through your yard. Did you break the frames too....I hate it when I do that. Take care.

February 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger MerryGee said...

hah; enjoyed your post as always! Not only does Angelina look desperately ill, she probably needed to visit a chiropractor after striking that awkward pose!!!! Men seem to find her beautiful . . . her looks bother me for some reason. Guess everything about her is so angular and aggressive looking! Love the thought of a door to Narnia for older women!!!!

February 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Sorry to hear about the fall and the glasses breakage.
Hoping you are soon back to normal. I once had a *shiner* like that when I was concussed & knocked off my bike. It took ages to get rid of that bruise round the eye & everyone thought that I'd been beaten by my husband (or so they joked) friends & strangers alike!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

March 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home