My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's very sunny today so I got my camera out and roamed around my messy backyard to see if there was any good news going on other than the replacement fence.  There is, little purple crocus are pushing the way out under the clematis that I neglected to cut back last fall.  When I lived in Seattle in a former life, there was a boulevard, Ravenna, with a broad stretch of grass between the traffic lanes.  Someone had planted purple and yellow crocus in with the grass.  I could hardly wait for them to bloom each spring, cheering us on until the mower came in, I should do that here. 
Just off to the side of the crocus is this little flower.  It actually pushed through during the last of the snow.  Now it's bloomed.  I have no idea what it is or how it got here.  I have some pink mallow that showed up that way last fall, fell out the sky I guess.  With all the little birds here, that is an actual possibility.  I just hope this little spot of sunshine doesn't turn up on the noxious weed list.  As you can see, I haven't gotten all the leaves out of my yard.  I finally just decided to call it mulch and call it good. 
I tried very hard not to complain about the weather here this winter.  I mostly succeeded and after the snow, floods, and tornadoes the rest of our country is suffering from, I think complaining may done for good.  I hope you and yours are safe today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

I love crocus and planted dozens, but he squirrel ate most of mine last year! Guess I will have to plant them in screens this fall!!

March 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Nice to see spring flowers! Hope the weather is sunny where you are.

March 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home