My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Idle Early Morning Thoughts

Got a good night's sleep last night.  No waking up at 2 or 3 in the dark.  I'd promised myself I could sleep in but I didn't need it.  Put little bits of leftover veggies, onion, zuchini, and yellow squash in the food chopper and sauteed it in bits of bacon, tossed in an egg, and wrapped it in a tortilla.  So delicious different after several breakfasts of yogurt with blueberries eaten to wash my high test antibiotics down.  The yogurt keeps your tummy from going into revolt from the meds.  I have 35 pounds of blueberries frozen away to keep me happy for the winter.  I'd get more but the freezer is full.

Woke up trying to remember the last name of a boy named I dated briefly in high school.  I couldn't do it.  Jack, Jack who?  There were only two boys I dated, you'd think I could remember his name.  I think it was sparked by an alumni newsletter in the mail yesterday.  It just barely had my name correct.  There were nearly 900 of us in my graduating class.  I'm amazed that I knew as many people as I did when I saw it.

I snugged under the sheets for a moment thinking about seeing Romeo and Juliet here at the Powerhouse Theater.  I went with my eldest son and eldest grandgirl who is 14, Juliet's age.  It was a superb production.  My son described it as the the loudest and most emotional production of R&J he'd ever seen.  We were only four rows back from the stage, well into the action.  It was an excellent portrayal with all the emotional bravado of young teenagers.  I'd forgotten how profound things can be a 14 or so.  We had a great time. The old powerhouse has been remodeled into an inside, up-to-date version of the Globe Theater, a jewel for a small place like Walla Walla. 



May your day go well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

You are living the good life it seems. I wish we had a good live theater closer than 30 miles.

August 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

Walla Walla seems like a great place to be- especially near to your children and grandkids! Thanks for all the nice comments you have been leaving for me- I treasure people taking time-so kind.

August 29, 2012 at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home