Life Isn't Fair or Is It?
One more Walla Walla Frontier Days and Fair behind us. The grandgirls clipped, combed, and cleaned their heifers and tried to teach the little stinkers to behave in the ring. Most of their animals were very young and behaved like bovine toddlers. Ribbons were won. Isabel got cuddled by some fair royalty who let me take snaps and showered her with attention.
Princess Joycelin Munden, Cowgirl Isabel & Queen Taylor Skramstad
Some of the family watching our perches while each girl did their circle around the ring.
I ate buttered corn on the cob, a Gyro with lamb, and baclava.
I passed on the machines of torture, er, carnival rides.
Closely inspected all the tiny trailers for sale that could be towed by my van while thinking up escapes in same, to the ocean, the lakes, the mountains.
I ate an elephant ear.
Looked at the art show, the quilts, the bazillion photos.
Looked at the art show, the quilts, the bazillion photos.


6 Comments:
I am so very sorry about those two falls and the depression that followed. Doubly sorry that things won't ever quite mend too. You know I understand. But what a flash of joy I had to see you writing again.:)
Thanks Mage, I know you do get it.
That must be fun for all the children - except for the "cow output", as you say....LOL
I am staying away from the county fair this year. The swine flu is running rampant in Ohio.
are they 4H'ers? Darling pics and the little trailer is very tempting!
Kathe, they are 4H'ers. The cows belong to a farmer who is their 4H leader and she provides each girl with an animal to care for and work with for the show.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home