My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Pleasant Weekend


I spent a pleasant weekend. The wind died down enough to quit blowing dirt up our snoots and in our eyes.  Friday I went to my six year old grandgirl's soccer game coached by her Poppa.  Having spent her whole life with 5 older sisters she is quite a hard charger.  Once she learns to aim she'll be pretty good.  There are just three kids to side during play on a smaller field.  They don't keep score and the kids are wonderful, enthusiastic and energetic.  I heavily caulk with a 55 sunscreen, wear a big hat, and recline in my folding camp chair.  Saturday repeat sunscreen, hat, etc. and off to the 10-12 year olds game.  They won.

Sunday I bought my first hideously expensive LED lightbulb for the new kitchen light I'm putting in.  Thirty bucks, the box says it may last 23 years.  Twenty-three years of not having to change the bulb!  I spose that means it will have to clean it.  I doubt I will last another 23 years, who knows?  Do I need to put these lightbulbs in my will?  I'm sorry darlings, I'm leaving you no money as I spent it all on $30 lightbulbs.

My last day of physical therapy was Friday, yippee.  They told me I graduated and gave me a tee-shirt.  The group's initials are CA same as mine so now I have personalized tee until you look at the back which has their whole name spelled out.  I am moving around much better so am happy to let the world see who helped with that.

Yesterday a dust storm came in with some kind of weather front so I'm glad I got outside this weekend. It will hang around for a bit blowing and dirt on us.  I fetched the little soccer player to my house for the afternoon, dinner, and a bath before she went home.  She's spent at least a day a week with me, and more for several years.  Now that's she's in first grade and busy with cows and soccer we are both having some separation anxiety.  She wanted to stay the night. We talked about all the fun we've had.  We cuddled on the sofa and watched her favorite, "My Little Pony."  Something very soothing and healing about such affection from a grandkid.  And there's 7 more, I should thank her parents for the kids they've had, adopted, collected, eight now.  Lucky me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathe W. said...

yes indeed lucky you- nothing more healing than a young soul with love for her Grandma! and thanks for dropping in and commenting on my blogs- I do love hearing from you and am so glad you are doing so well! Hooray!

September 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Yeaaaa! So glad you are a movable entity again. The grandchildren soccer years are a magical time and beat the heck out of the band years.

You sound great. :)

September 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home