Thoughts on a Chilly Morning
Fall wildflowers at Lake Bennington outside Walla Walla
Started writing while waiting for the bathroom to heat up. The last two days the house was in the 50's in the morning. It's still warm in the PM. Fall has come right on schedule. These are the days students are made to wear a jacket in the morning and lug them home in the afternoon. Seems to me this is when the most of those kinds of garments get lost. S(he) who waits for a grade schooler to bring anything home is an optimist indeed.
This morning I learned that my feet crepitate as I walk as do my knees going up stairs. Crackle that is, thanks to Wordsmith. New word to me. Something to replace some of the ones I've forgotten. Speaking of forgetting or remembering how about passwords? I just changed one last week and felt proud of myself for not forgetting it, and then changed another, trying to make it a difficult one. I was thrilled to find I still knew it the next day. I used to have a job where one of my more nitpicky duties was to maintain passwords for a dozen applications. I had to change them frequently and couldn't write them anywhere. I don't know what was supposed to happen if I got run over by a breadtruck or kidnapped by aliens. I suppose I should put my passwords on paper and into the lock box for my kids, the heirs to my nickles and little Felix the Cat collection.
Also earlier I read Rain's blog Rainy Day Thoughts where she writes Romney "when he chose to not take all his deductions for 'charitable giving,' the part he didn't take was to his own charitable family foundation with who knows what it has as its charity."

4 Comments:
I am so cold in the mornings but I still keep wearing sandals which is where I guess I need to get a grip and put on socks and tennis shoes. Thanks for mentioning the Romney info. It just keeps adding up and sometimes I think something must be from The Onion and satire only it isn't. Amazing is all I can say and that guy might end up president :(
Rain - I've switched to winter woolie socks, and birks, not quite ready to give in but then I'm guessing its warmer here.
My grandson, who just started Kindergarten, wore his first jacket to school yesterday. Did he forget it? Yep!
oh my I remember not wanting to wear a coat to school- as my mother would say"Your pride will keep you warm"! and my joints all make noise up and down the stairs!
Didn't know what to call it= now I do!
Thanks for all your nice comments on all my balloon pics- I haven't been up one yet- but I think I should make a list of "to do's" for next year and I can put it at the top!
I'm not into "Bucket Lists" I'd rather call them "Champagne Lists"
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home