My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Burger and a movie.

Got this picture from All Posters, no idea who took it.
Judi Dench and Michael Williams

Marvelous full moon last night.  I did manage to gaze at it on a brief break of marathon TV watching.  I started watching "A Fine Romance" on Netflix.  It's a British early 80's comedy starring Judy Dench with her husband Michael Williams.  I didn't realize they were married.  Sadly he died in 2001, but they were wonderful together.  I watched the season one years ago and never caught up with it again.  Friday, just as I got into the second season, thinking I'd watch a couple a week, a note from Netflix popped up saying it would only be available until October 1st, shriek!  So I finished my marathon cooking venture, did my visiting, came home, sat on the sofa to watch it being streamed to the TV, hooray for wireless, and began my Netflix marathon. 
 
I was so engrossed that I forgot about dinner. I went into the kitchen and I discovered I had frozen or given away everything I'd cooked.  Full freezer, no dinner.  Jumped in the car, went through the drive-through at (blush) McD's and got a chicken sandwich, raced back and carried on.  Hmm, isn't "Carry On" another British comedy?  I finished Romance.  I love Judi Dench.  Then as I was turning things off, I saw PBS was repeating the newer Upstairs Downstairs, three all in a bunch.  Three I had missed.  I made coffee, got into my jammies.  At midnight it ended and I was wide awake with societal angst and caffiene.  Got in bed and read for an hour, Sue Grafton.

I made it out of bed this morning but I am still in my pj's.  It's nearly noon.  My morning of errands never happened, tomorrow, tomorrow.  Tonight for dinner I have a nice piece of salmon and a yam I picked up on the way home from being McD'd last night.  There definitely some advantages to being retired and having a day or two to fritter.  Back on track tomorrow, whatever that means.

4 Comments:

Blogger marciamayo said...

I'm just learning how to do that. Your day and evening and night sounded perfect.

October 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger Tabor said...

Worth millions are days like this. I sometimes just have a huge bowl of popcorn if I have no dinner ready and it is just me...actually hubby and I also eat popcorn for dinner sometimes.

October 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

oh hahahah what a wonderful time you had! Marvelous! You were a true "video ranger" Now as to your Knothole query: the knots were real- maybe they bleached them or? Not sure.

October 1, 2012 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

Good for you! It's fun to do that. I wonder if you've seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I saw it recently (Netflix)...love British movies...especially with Judi Dench.

October 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home