A good home for Thor
Thor at home.
From my son David - "This is Thor. He really needs a new home. That home needs to be out in the country somewhere that he can roam a bit, and ideally have some critters he can look after (he does NOT chase/harm birds, and is a livestock guardian). He is an Akbash, and is 4. He is struggling now that we are in town. He really needs a job. Not a house pet. Not ideal for first time dog owners (at some point you will have to assert yourself as boss, he will yield, but he will test to find out who is in charge. He is sweet, does like to lay at my feet, but again...he not a "normal" dog.
Shots are current, and I would deliver. I'll miss my boy but he needs a safer place to roam (I fear an impending car/dog incident is coming)."
Thor has been a good farm dog, watched over the livestock and the kids. Living in town is not his forte, if he could sigh I think he would. I'm sure he's wondering what the heck happened to the fields and critters. You can contact David by calling 509-301-6207 or by emailing him at dalan.farm@gmail.com. Thanks.
Shots are current, and I would deliver. I'll miss my boy but he needs a safer place to roam (I fear an impending car/dog incident is coming)."
Thor has been a good farm dog, watched over the livestock and the kids. Living in town is not his forte, if he could sigh I think he would. I'm sure he's wondering what the heck happened to the fields and critters. You can contact David by calling 509-301-6207 or by emailing him at dalan.farm@gmail.com. Thanks.


5 Comments:
I so hope this or something on Craigslist will find him a new farm.
Thanks Mage!
Have you tried http://akbashrescue.blogspot.com/
or contacting a local Farm Bureau group... Hope Thor finds his place...
I am a dog person and know exactly what you are saying. Some dogs are not as adaptable as we could hope. I love 'working' dogs but do not have the energy to guide one these days. These ARE the best dogs when given good leadership, I think.
Awwww, what a sweet looking dog.
When I moved into my condo, I had to give up my cat. Not an easy decision, but I'm sure he's happier now at the farm.
Good luck.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home