An Extra Hour
Just in time. While recovering from a cold and getting used to the sun rising later, I've been rising later. The extra hour will be what I need to get my mornings back out of rush mode. It takes me longer and longer to get myself together in the morning. I've been making any appointments later in the morning. My father warned me about how self-maintenance become more time consuming. I didn't believe him, he'd always been semi-unconcious in the AM. O' Daddy dear, you were right.
This weekend is battery changing time as well. All those clocks and watches, your glucose meters, or blood pressure cuffs, installing a new smoke alarm for me. I'm refreshing my battery supply in case of power failures to run my camp lantern and flashlights. We are luckier here in SE Washington, mother nature's nasty surprises are usually limited. No hurricanes or tornadoes or tsunamis, a flooded street corner or the the wind taking down the occasional power line or tree, or in my case the back fence last year. I'm grateful.
Okay enough, I sound like somebody's mother, of course I do.


4 Comments:
I saw that one on Facebook and liked it a lot.
I also saw that one on FB and it is so true that it does resonate with liberals. But conservative think we were going and have been going the wrong direction of years.
Time does, indeed, march on.
our daughter lives in manhattan and she has to do more than reset her clocks! Theyn have power and now she will have to muck out the fridge. She went to Brooklyn for the duration and forgot all about the fridge. Yuck!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home