My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

 
If you made an amalgam of my two grandmothers' homes and their big dinners it might have looked something like this in the 40's or 50's.  No suit on my grandpa though or anyone else actually.  I'm feeling nostalgic.  Mom's pies, cream cheese and nut filled celery sticks, I even miss the jellied cranberry sauce right out of the can.  I made a chocolate marble cheesecake that I used to make years ago all the time but had sort of forgotten about.  It turned out just right.  Fortunately the will be lots of us so no one will go into a coma eating too much of it.  I am grateful for those past Thanksgivings with family and friends.  I'm grateful my family gatherings were and are so peaceful, we're not a quarrelsome bunch.  I'm grateful that the current ones are filled with more family and friends even though the lineup has changed.  The rain has let up and the sun is actually out.  I wish many blessings on you all today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I had a lot of those kinds of Thanksgivings also. Today it will be at my son's home and nice to be with family even if we all cannot get together anymore. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

November 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

Celia- Thanksgiving greetings to you and your family- I love the Norman Rockwell image you chose...
and I am thankful not only for all the usual things but also for our blogger community....we may be only 5 miles or 1000 miles from each other , but it's almost like we're next door neighbors at the same time. Cheers!

November 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I wouldn't be able to lift that turkey let alone get it out of the oven!
Although we don't have Thanksgiving here...... I have happy memories of large Christmas dinners in the past.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

November 23, 2012 at 5:17 AM  
Blogger Michele Bilyeu@ With Heart and Hands said...

Love that classic Norman Rockwell! And your day sounds just great to me! There is always plenty to be thankful for and lots to eat! And I am thankful for getting the chance this year to get to 'know' you , visit your charming blog and make another dear online friend..you!!!!

November 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home