Hope your Halloween was good. Mine was. I spent a pleasant evening with my son's family at my daughter-in-law's mother's house. Nice soup, fruit, and muffin dinner. The small ones did their trick or treating and then our 17 month old grandson elected himself the candy hander-outer. He was perplexed as to why the visitors didn't reciprocate with their bags of goodies but he is good natured and got on with his fun.
The jerks are the day after folks. Someone has tossed a bomb like object up into a tree in one of our residential neighborhoods. It's hanging from a tree by about two feet of something, beeping, and has a red flashing led light. A resident called it in about two hours or so ago and the police have the street(s) blockaded. They instructed everyone to stay inside and rerouted all the school kids returning home. After inspection and consulting with the utility companies to see if it was something that had fallen they called the bomb squad. No small thing, the nearest one is in Yakima over two hours away so we wait. I am fortunate that it is away from me, and 3-4 blocks from my son's family. I am sad and concerned for the people sitting in their homes there wondering what the heck will happen. I can't help thinking it could be a stunt by some JERK, but its not the kind of thing that can be ignored. Lots of Facebook conversation about what has happened to our quiet little town. Long day for our police and neighbors.


3 Comments:
Wow, the bomb squad is here already, they must have really hustled. God bless them.
The bomb squad got it down, blew it up. Made a small flash, so was it prank? It was a fire alarm and batteries, attached and taped to a pipe. I hope they catch them.
So do I, Celia. So do I. How awful for all involved. Tax payers money, time away from other emergencies all that stuff - they need to learn how it affects so many people and how serious this is.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home