My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Friday, December 21, 2012


Surprise, we're still here, or not such a surprise.  This is one of my favorite days of the year as I know the days will be getting longer from here on out.  I still haven't quite recovered my sleep patterns this fall from the change back to standard time and I think having it get light a little earlier will to help me.  Even if it's only in my mind.   However at my age I am delighted that my eyes pop open in the morning winter or summer.

Some wag on the internet suggested all the power companies turn the power of this morning for 10 minutes just to give everyone a jolt in case they were still waiting for the end of the world.  Ha, with our aging infrastructure it would probably be out for days in places.  Of course the rest of the fallout wouldn't be too entertaining either.

I opened a Christmas gift.  It's my sister's fault for getting hers sent out so promptly.  Or my six- year old grandgirl's wishes to see what was in those packages.  I can't say no to her sometimes.  Okay it was me.  The package contained a lovely wooden spoon with little birds and vines engraved into it.  We used it to make breakfast, blueberry pancakes.  Then we used it to make lunch.  We had a lovely quiet day.  She stayed overnight with me and we played games, she colored, we watched movies, made hot chocolate, and added some to my coffee for a homemade mocha.

I wish you all peace and love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tabor said...

Just a little jealous here, but also happy for you.

December 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

nice post Celia! Have a great Christmas!

December 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I do agree that its good when the days are known to be getting longer, even if it doesn't seem like it yet. We know its true.
The trouble is with saying its going to be the end of the world....... one tends to get egg all over one's face! Must feel silly when it doesn't happen but maybe somewhat relieved!
Happy Christmas.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

December 23, 2012 at 5:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That sounds like an absolutely beautiful day! I guess grandgirls are all the same - the apple of their grandma's eye! And love to colour and play in the kitchen. What a nice gift - one you will use every day and think of your dear sister.
Sending Christmas hugs
p.s. I can't resist my grandgirl's requests either.

December 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home