Much as I don't like trying to make it through the security "prove you're not a robot" stuff, I have added it to my blog, enuf already. I have been slammed and spammed for quite awhile. Some are sleazy, some in foreign languages, and some are trying to sell something. I imagine you all know these from your own blogs. So I apologize in advance.
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Much as I don't like trying to make it through the security "prove you're not a robot" stuff, I have added it to my blog, enuf already. I have been slammed and spammed for quite awhile. Some are sleazy, some in foreign languages, and some are trying to sell something. I imagine you all know these from your own blogs. So I apologize in advance.


7 Comments:
I have found that the easiest way to prevent spammers is to disallow ananymous commenting on your blog - it completely solved my spamming problem and I haven't gotten one for months!
Thanks Optimistic, I will give it try.
Me, I don't care about the spam. I just delete it.
I hope you have a great Easter weekend Celia :)
I would hate to lose my anonymous friends as I have several and they always identify themselves in the body of their comment. But I went back to word verification for awhile as it was driving me nuts how many spams were swamping my email. I keep hoping if I keep on word verification long enough, they'll take me off their list. Last time I tried a couple of weeks-- not long enough. I feel it's unfair to the whole internet system to let them do it-- not to mention overloading my email, but figuring out a way to stop them without blocking the comments, that we all want if we blog, that's the trick.
oh my gosh- where did you find this spammy robot? You got my attention!
I suppose because I have word verification off is why I have a spam box full of @#$% all the time. I just auto delete - don't even open the box. A pox on all spammers.
The spam puts me crazy, too!!! I love your cottage!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home