If anyone would like to contribute to help the survivors of the Boston bombings I found these two on the Boston Herald page today.
• The One Fund: Gov. Deval Patrick and Mayor Thomas M. Menino announced the formation of the fund to help the people most affected by Monday’s tragic events. John Hancock has committed $1 million to the fund, and many other Boston business leaders have also stepped up to help. The money, Menino said, will go to help the victims “physically and psychologically in the future.” To donate, go to One Fund Boston.
• The Salvation Army has mobile kitchens to provide food and beverages to those in need and will provide counseling for first responders and victims. To donate, go to Salvation Army. You can select Boston as the locale for your contribution.
Other bloggers have pointed out scam charities are popping up in the wake of the bombings and you should be wary in your giving. You can check organizations out with a little research. I like to stick with the known ones. I searched for checking out charities and got many sites including the BBB and other sites that show which charities send what percentage of their collections to charity.


4 Comments:
excellent post Celia...such a horrible thing ...I really do not understand people who would do this. Hopefully they find out who it is soon.
Thank you so much. Sally's Army. I needed the poke.
Thank you for posting this. I love how people come together and donate in times like these.
It was a terrible thing and it seems that trouble is still brewing.
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home