My grandkids and two of their cousins on Easter 2013.
I think we hit a record number this year, at least for Easter. Twenty-four of us aged one through 90 gathered for an midday egg hunt and Easter lunch, 10 children in all. The babies got little plastic eggs with colorful fruit flavored cereal in them. I knew that stuff was really candy and not really cereal. We were blessed with a wonderful, warm sunny day and the special hostess talents of my DIL's mother, my co-grandmother. She has this mob over to her lovely home on a regular basis. After lunch several people sat down and went to sleep in their chairs. Only one baby napped.
I had two more grandkids from Oregon during their spring break last week (ours is this week) and spent Saturday driving them back to meet-up with their folks at the Maryhill Museum. That way no one has to drive all the way to Portland to here and back. We picnicked there with a birthday cake for the just turned 12 year old, and turkey and Havarti cheese sandwiches with assorted kid chosen extras. The weather was with us there too, sunny with a little wind but the trees sheltered us and let the sun shine through. I forgot my camera. Again. But here I am with my sister Susan on the day I picked up the kids. Her daughter took this. I loved that wrought iron fence with the stained glass inserts in the background. As it faces south the light comes through it most of the time.
Got home Saturday evening post-child-return and did some food prep for the Sunday gathering. Stayed up too late, looked at the house and decided restoration could wait until Monday. I had a very hard time getting myself out of bed in Sunday morning but did, creaking and grumping all the way. After the Easter lunch I wandered home and fell into a deep sleep for a couple of hours. Then I slept 10 hours that night. It's nice to be good at something even if it's sleeping. Good week even if I am sleeping through half of this one.





7 Comments:
What a wonderful shot of your grands and cousins! Nice to be part of such a big, happy looking family, and looks like your Easter turned out to be a success - complete with sunny weather.
Ours was cold. We've had a late spring this year. Still cold - particularly compared to last year. Easter went well at my daughter's home too. It's nice when we all get together - noisy, but nice.
Oh, Celia - I forget my camera all the time! I know all too well that awful feeling - darn, left the camera at home again. LOL!
Nice pic of you at the end.
Hugs
I love Maryhill and haven't been there in awhile that and the replica of Stonehenge that Sam Hill also created near it. Very cool area. Nice photos
a 24-person Easter egg hunt sounds like an amazing and fun time :) I love large family get-togethers!
What a wonderful way to spend Easter with all those family members.
Loved the horse made of metal!
Maggie x
Nuts in May
Lovely picture of the two of you. Yes, thhe kids are great, but it's nice to see you face on. Lovely horse> :)
I finished my Easter 330 mile round trip yesterday it was bright but bitterly cold at times. I arrived home to some snow patches still in my garden. No casting a clout yet, for me! :(
lovely photos! I especially like the horse also!
You look very happy and relaxed!
Thanks for sharing your weekend with us! Cheers!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home