Spring?
A grandgirl and her ladybug.
This week ends the latest set of freeze warnings for nights, and quite a bit of sun, maybe up to 76° today. The ladybugs have returned. I think I have several kinds of spring fever. The house is getting cleaner by the day. This morning I'll take the window cleaner in hand and get after some of those smudges. Yesterday I got my hair trimmed up. I've been letting it grow for nearly a year and pruning my bangs myself. My hairdresser friend Tina took me in right away when I called and fixed my hair. She did a great job. She put in some kind of conditioner that smelled heavenly and even after a shower and shampoo at home my hair feels so smooth.
Normally I wouldn't wash my hair so soon after having all that care lavished on it but I went home and attempted to garden, good for the yard not so good for me. I got some weeds pulled, pots cleared and fertilized and planted petunias and pansies. Then the hay fever hit, dust, mold, and plant bits. Hopped out of my garden gear and into the shower. Washing and antihistamines helped but I spent the evening red eyed and sneezing, but with lovely hair. I think I will bribe my grandgirls to do the outside spring cleanup.
My second Tai Chi class was a good as the first. I still find my feet lagging behind my arms but will practice at home today. I leave class happy and filled with energy. Could this stuff really work? Our class is all over age 70 including our instructor who is in his 80's. He warns us to be careful of our knees and stops for every now and then to do loosening up movements so no one gets in over their head so to speak. As easy as it looks when he does his moves it is actually a bit of work but so graceful, like dancing. I am looking forward to getting both halves of my body to dance together.

6 Comments:
oh I am soooo envious of your class! You will have such a good time...and it's good for you also! Cheers and have a splendid weekend! and oh by the way- those clouds above Mt Shasta are called Lenticular clouds! Thanks for visiting!
I'm glad that you're liking the Tai Chi classes. A good friend of mine has always extolled the virtues of Tai Chi. &6 for you today?? It's only giong to be 61 here. Trade?
Wish we had such a class! So sorry about your allergies. I sneeze a lot during this season, but I do not get sick like I do from cat dander.
Tabor - everyone here in this little farming community is sneezing and wheezing at something, big time for the antihistime companies ;-)
Optimist - our sunny weather is blowing away on the wind, rain in the offing but this normally dry place always needs it, it snowed a little againn on the tops of the Blue Mountains here.
Kathe - Lenticular clouds eh, when we were kids (in the dark ages) my sisters and I were sure there were flying saucers in there.
Sounds like you got on very well with all that you've attempted.
Well done!
Maggie x
Nuts in May
It does work. :) You leave me smiling.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home