Adventures
I'm looking forward to a camping trip with my son and his family this summer. It's been a very long time. I found my egg crate sleeping pad but I wonder if I need to find some kind of cot as sleeping and getting back up off the ground is not so easy any longer. And we're bringing a camp stove. I haven't cooked over a fire since I was a kid camping with my folks and sharing the smoke bitten dish washing duty with my sister. Eww! By the time my kids and camped I had a backpacking gas stove that I could whip up meal for 4 in no time. We opted for back packer gear since it was lighter and took up less space. Later when we all took up sea-kayaking the same gear fit nicely into the kayak hatches. Ages ago. What I am looking forward to the most is seeing the stars at night without all the ambient light that hides the night sky here at home.
Secret Camping Spot?
Monday I am rejoining my old gym. It's a 24 hour gym, not that I'll be showing up at midnight but it's nice to be able to go whenever I like. It's clean, inexpensive as gyms go, and they have a variety of equipment so I can start out slow, probably on a recumbent bike. I usually begin by going every day for a week and spending 10 minutes on a recumbent bike and taking a short breather and doing 10 on the treadmill. After a winter of kidney stones, flu and asthma, and sitting like a stone in the road it might have to be only 15 minutes. I've inspired by my friend Merry who has just started up going walking so she'll be able to enjoy her big trip this year. It's supposed to take three weeks to form a new habit, she's half way there, and Monday I'll be beginning, I will show up for sign up in my old exercise clothes ready to go.



5 Comments:
Green tea was the cause of my husbands kidney stones. He has cut way back and has only one or two cups every few days. But they have found two new stones and the xray has gone to the doctor to decide what to do about them. I did not know that smashing stones was so dangerous. I will have to look that up. I used to love camping but sleeping on the cold damp ground it probably no longer my thing.
Tabor - sorry to hear your hubby has stones too. My problem came from having morphine added to my drip, it's a drug I don't tolerate well. It caused the itching and headache. The Mayo Clinic has an interesting page on kidney stones.
That doesn't sound like much fun but your camping trip should be. I've had intestinal upset this spring also and still haven't gotten it all straightened out. Mine is gas though but the reason for it is what I am unsure about. Since it hasn't gotten better, I planned to see the doctor but it's tough to work it in right now with some grandkid time and a trip we have planned that hopefully will work out despite this frustrating bout of something :( I hope yours resolves itself before you go camping
Rain - take care of yourself. The mysteries of a physical kind are not my favorites either.
I love camping and I hope you have a grand ole time! I am sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I have heard that those things can be unbearable. Congrats on re-joining your gym!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home