My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

Trying to live the Zen of aging.

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday

As I emailed my sister that nothing says quite as much about the state of my life this week as the fact that I have an open window on my PC tuned to the live Baby watch "action" at the front door of the Lindo Wing of the London hospital where the new royal is hatching out.  No, I'm not sitting in front of it constantly.  I'm not sure why it interests me so much.  Although one of my grandfathers was born in London and came over here when he was an adolescent.  And by the way, he jumped ship and snuck into the USA.  More than once.  Got shanghaied and had to repeat the action.  The last time he and his brother abandoned the east coast and headed out west, but that's another story.  So we are the offspring of a person who entered illegally and now you are stuck with us.  Ha, ha!

Today I am upgrading my 30+ year old vacuum cleaner.  Ordered a new filter from Sears online for an outrageous price and exorbitant postage cost.  It's a little piece of plastic with a razor thin piece of foam over it.  They must have sent it on a piece of flotsam from China, it took forever.  However I am grateful they even carry the parts.  Maybe I should have ordered two, the darned thing is old and the best vacuum ever.  Just a sec, must check the Lindo Wing.  Two two lady bobbies chatting in front and two young women stopping to take pictures with their phone and tablet(?) respectively.

I am a fool for live cams though.  From time to time I open up one in downtown Anchorage, and then there is the one here in Walla Walla aimed at Main Street.  Our town is so small that I see people and cars I recognize.  I like to check out the camera on the jetty of Westport, WA.  I lived there as a small kid, and today it's 57° and cloudy while here it is going to be nearly a 100° again and bright, bright.   It makes me feel cooler just looking at the ocean and mist there, ahhhhh!  Traveling from my chair.

I put a hold on two books from the library.  Online is so cool.  I am so lazy.  Got a newer Haruki Murakami, "1Q84" and an older Sue Grafton, "Q is for Quarry".  I started reading Grafton years ago and then stopped for no good reason, love her books.  Sadly they've cut the library hours again.


Back to the vacuum and the laundry.  Ah, another Bobby rotation.  Hope your Monday is content.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rain Trueax said...

I think the world needed good news and the baby is good news. It's something that seems to interest everybody to some level.

July 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Celia said...

Yes, good news Rain, sweet little baby.

July 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Brig said...

Oh Gosh, I love traveling via live cams as well. Have had to limit it though because I wasn't getting much done around here, hehe.

July 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Kathe W. said...

wow! I didn't know they would have live cams for the little guys birth!
Love Sue Grafton's books-always a fun read!
and our library it totally run by volunteers except for one paid staff person...so we are open M-F. No weekends.
Have a great day-so nice to hear from you.

July 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger Sky said...

i watched it, too, celia! was excited all summer anticipating this. acted the same way when william and harry were born. i have transferred my interest in diana to william and family.

i keep getting confused and thinking you are from yakima! don't know why i can't seem to get that straight.

August 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home